The Church of the Most Holy Mother of God
The Church of the Most Holy Mother of God
The church was built in the beginning of the XVIII century on a site of Frolov Tower. Later, due to its dilapidation the wooden church was dismantled. An erection of new stone church in its place was going on in 1795 - 1811 years simultaneously with the Dnieper Gates. Closed in 1928, in 1992 the building was returned to the Russian Orthodox Church.
The Mother of God Church. Smolensk
Prokudin-Gorskii, Sergei Mikhailovich (1863-1944). Bogomaterinskaia tserkov '. Smolensk. 1912.
1912
Library of Congress
Miracle-working icon of Divine Mother-Hodigitria in the Mother of God temple. юСмоленскщ
Prokudin-Gorskii, Sergei Mikhailovich (1863-1944). Chudotvornaia ikona Bozh'ei Materi-Odigitrii v Bogomaterinskom khramie. [Smolensk]. 1912.
1912
Library of Congress
Smolensk. - Smolensk. Old Dnieper Bridge and the Gate of Our Lady of Sorrows
Smolensk. - Smolensk. Old Dnieper bridge and the gate of the Mother of God.
2013
Из частного собрания